Monday, January 7, 2008

A Week of Waiting

It is Monday morning. I find it very comforting to wake up, make breakfast, and then walk downstairs to turn on my computer and start working. It is now automatic to check and see what is going on in Kenya. We have tried to keep the blog updated with personal e-mails and news from there.

The team has decided to wait until Friday to make a decision about going as planned or postponing our trip. I really want to go, but as one of the leaders, I must consider the needs of the entire team. Please pray for peace and guidance as we seek God's will for this trip and our team.

For some on the team, this week of waiting will seem like an eternity. But, as we have been advised by leaders on the ground in Kenya, a week will give us more clarity so we can see if the situation improves. I can take comfort in the waiting, as I want to make sure we make the right decisions.

As my mind goes back to my work, I realize how fortunate I am to live in a relatively safe country, with plenty of food, a nice place to live, and a good job (actually 3 jobs). My heart goes out to those in Kenya that are less fortunate.

ed fischer

No comments: