Monday, January 7, 2008

Judy Parker shares her thoughts 1-7-2008

Dear Ed, Phil and Fellow Team Members:
I have delayed in replying to “sleep on it” and pray for Guidance.

When Jerry and I have been making major decisions, we pray for the Lord’s peace, a peace which only He can give. I have had a hard time knowing just how to pray because I want to return to NEGST. I have nothing but excitement about my next trip to NEGST. That hasn’t changed. However, my sense of inner turmoil has been that the Lord is not giving me peace about going to Nairobi on the 17th as planned. An extra $250 to change our tickets is nothing compared to my safety in returning to my family. I’m not afraid of dying, but do not have peace about subjecting myself (my sister and new friends) to the possibility of getting caught in an unsafe event. The news from Kenya has not gotten any better in the last couple of days. I have peace in saying that I am not ready to leave the US on the 17th because of the civil wars continuing in Kenya. God has prepared me for a ministry which has been such a blessing to me. The Lord has also given us the ability to make wise and discerning decisions. I have peace in postponing this trip until September. I believe the Lord calls us to a ministry and expects us to demonstrate wise decisions. To this end, I must agree with Polly that this is not the time that He wants us to place ourselves in such a predicament where our lives truly would be in danger.

I await the decision of the GCC Elders on Friday afternoon, but I believe my decision has been made. I do not have the Lord’s peace about going in January; I have His peace about waiting until September. I will have a hard time waiting!

Prayerfully and respectfully submitted,
Judy

No comments: