Friday, January 11, 2008

Notes from Judy Parker 10/10/2008

Ed – yes, indeed, this has been a very emotional week! It grew to be much more than I could have imagined or prepared myself for. But, I didn’t know I would need to be prepared! That’s where the Love of God has become so real to me! I have such peace about postponing that that has helped my healing process – to God be all the glory for that. He understands my every thought and emotion. These emotions have been hard to verbally express to others, but as I have told several people about the postponement, they breathe a sigh of relief! “I’m SO glad you are not going.” was the most common response. They, too, are very cognizant of the difficulty of making this decision and have been praying for us. Some weren’t aware of the situation, but most were; and when I explained the situation, they were relieved that we were being prudent in not going just now. Everyone thought it was THE right choice to wait until September.

I’ve only talked to Colleen since the decision, so I will be anxious to hear the hearts of the other Team members. I, too, feel that this last meeting (even with a “downer” topic), I could feel that the Team was becoming a real TEAM. It just takes time to create a team spirit which doesn’t happen overnight. I’m thankful for each one!

I would like to know when will be the next time you are in Indy. I think we need to meet periodically to keep as much momentum as is possible, given the fact that we do not have an immediate deadline. What are your thoughts? My home isn’t as large as some in our group, but we could do it – maybe with food!!???!!

Thanks, Ed, for all you do. These devotionals have been great, too.
Judy


Dear NEGST team,

Thanks to all of you that sent messages about the postponement of the trip. I appreciate your kind words. Attending Friday's meeting will be helpful as we process or debrief what we have been through. In addition to making decisions about next steps, we need to take a moment to heal, as we have all been emotionally challenged by this experience. But as we began this adventure together, we can now consider our response as we look to the future. This is a great example of how our life is in "His Hands". These past few weeks shows how we have to learn how to trust, and not lean on our own understanding.

Ed Fischer
Qwest Communications
Global Account Manager
Government and Education Solutions
410-694-4745 Office
410-299-1947 Cellular
edwin.fischer@qwest.com

No comments: