Monday, January 7, 2008

Colleen Armstrong's E-mail and Ed's response

Colleen,

Thanks for your feedback. We have committed to making a decision on Friday and will wait until then. You do have a vote, as we indicated in the Saturday meeting that anyone that is afraid of going, they can opt out of this trip. If we can get enough interest, even if we decide to continue this trip as planned, and can find a suitable leader, we could also send a team then, too.

Ed Fischer
Qwest Communications
Global Account Manager
Government and Education Solutions
410-694-4745 Office
410-299-1947 Cellular
edwin.fischer@qwest.com


CurrentSubject: Re: 1/7/08 Beside The Still Waters
Ed & Phil,

I'm not sure about the rest of the group, but my family and friends are asking me not to go at this time. Although I had a lot of hope on Saturday, I am feeling more uneasy about going at this time. I would have to agree with both Polly and Judy, I do not feel this is a good time for the mission trip and would prefer to wait until September. I feel God is telling me to wait and be patient.

Would it be possible to make a decision earlier (like Wednesday)? Will this team have a vote in the decision? I am impacting decision at work for both myself and my husband by being in limbo.

Sincerely,
Colleen

Subject: 1/7/08 Beside The Still Waters
Dear Team,

Right now I feel like we are doing the infamous mosquito dance. Pray this week brings clarity to the situation in Kenya.

Ed Fischer
Qwest Communications
Global Account Manager
Government and Education Solutions
410-694-4745 Office
410-299-1947 Cellular
edwin.fischer@qwest.com

January 7

God’s Mercy

But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. Psalm 86:15

Have you ever done the infamous mosquito dance? You jump up from whatever you are doing with a very determined look on your face and clap your hands repeatedly in several directions. You then look around and see someone staring at you like you are crazy. With a triumphant glow, you show the spectator the lifeless squashed blot on your palms by way of explanation. Perhaps you have caught yourself grinning from ear to ear when you are able to
smash two flies with one devastating blow of your fly swatter.

When I think of how easy it is for me to execute my judgment and wrath to destroy the things that cause me aggravation, I cannot help but think of our wonderfully merciful God. Time after time the Israelites murmured against God and committed wickedness and sin. God, for the sake of one, stayed His
judgment and did not destroy the people.

I am very thankful that One stands in the gap for me. Jesus Christ pleads for my soul and is my advocate and intercessor.

Friend, are you saved by the precious blood of the Lamb? We are all worthy of unmerciful judgment. However, God has proved Himself to be full of
compassion and mercy by providing a way of escape.

Willie Joe Oaks, Jr., Montezuma, GA
_________________________________________
It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed.
—Lamentations 3:22

No comments: